REGISTER NOW BEFORE 2018 PRICE INCREASE!
Discover The Art and Science of Love at the Gottman Institute’s world-renowned Weekend Workshop for Couples this December 2nd & 3rd on Manhattan’s beautiful Upper West Side, presented by Saul J. Stern, LMFT.
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, or restore your love
- For couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend
WHAT’S BEHIND OUR SUCCESS
In a word: Science! Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what marriage ought to be. The workshop produces positive results for 86% of those who attend based on exit surveys.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and Gottman trained therapists are available to support one-on-one during exercises.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
At the workshop, you’ll learn how to: foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with each other; keep conflict discussions calm, break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship. Workshop topics include:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do about them
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
In addition to a greater understanding of how to build friendship, manage conflict, and create shared meaning in your relationship, you will receive a box set, which contains 2 Couples Workbooks, 7 Card Decks, The Gottman Repair Checklist, The Gottman Aftermath of a Fight Booklet and the Sound Relationship House Magnet.
This two day, in-person workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship, and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. There is no public disclosure or group work – just individual skill building with your partner. Make it a WE-ekend to remember!
Saul J. Stern, LMFT
Certified Gottman Therapist and Workshop Leader
Class sizes kept very small—space is extremely limited.
Please note that The Art & Science of Love: A Weekend Workshop for Couples is the Gottman Institute’s original, one-and-only, premier Weekend Couples Workshop (not to be confused with the introductory 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work seminar).